Mushrooms are the meaty, umami-rich powerhouse that makes this comfort food recipe sing. It takes about 20 minutes total from start to table. Best of all? No cutting board required!
This quick-and-easy dinner becomes a killer main course with the addition of Italian sausage, sun dried tomatoes, chopped spinach, or shredded parmesan cheese.
Serves two. Double or triple as written.
Mushroom & Olive Oil Pasta Ingredients
4 oz dry pasta (we used spaghetti)
8 oz raw mushrooms, cleaned (we used criminis, but white or portabella will work, too)
1/4 cup high quality olive oil (such as Kouzini's Raw, Unfinltered EVOO in our Gourmand Kit)
8 cloves raw garlic, peeled
2 tbsp white wine (or white wine vinegar, or lemon juice)
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1 tsp dried herbs such as parsley, chive, or oregano (try Two Snooty Chef's Seattle Garlic Seasoning from our Garlic Kit)
Optional: fresh parsley, for garnish
How to Make Mushroom & Olive Oil Pasta
- Add mushrooms, olive oil, garlic, white wine, and dried herbs (if using) to a food processor. Pulse until the garlic and mushrooms are minced within the oil. Be careful not to puree.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the the mixture to a saucepan and hold over very low heat for about 20 minutes. If the oil begins to bubble, your heat is too high. If you're using a glass top stove, you may need to remove the pan from the burner occasionally.
- In a medium pot, bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until al dente (about 8 minutes for spaghetti).
- Strain the water from the cooked pasta, then add it to the saucepan and toss to coat with the mushroom mixture.
- Plate, garnish with fresh parsley (optional), and enjoy!