Terra Cooking Gift Box: Bittersweet & Earthy Flavors
Our Terra Box has evolved just like the planet that inspired it! Originally released in 2019, the Terra collection celebrates flavors gifted to us from Mother Earth.
We’ve revamped this box with delicious new ingredients, from the bittersweet and smoky spice rub to the boldly herbaceous Kandy Spice. You’ll find yourself exploring tastes that bring you closer to nature when you bring this box of earthy inspiration into your kitchen.
Please note: Ingredients change seasonally and based on availability from producers, so this list may contain ingredients not included in your box.
Fonio is a West African ancient grain that is just starting to gain popularity in the United States, and for good reason! These little grey and white grains fluff up to make a textural, flavor-absorbing side or base for a dish. Its comparisons are somewhere between couscous and quinoa, but fonio is packed with nutrients and has a distinct, earthy flavor all its own.
Fonio Cooking Tips
- Follow the instructions on the bag, it's about as easy as it gets! It's a 2:1 ratio (water:grain), simply simmer, let stand, and fluff with a fork. If it seems soggy? Leave it on the heat a little longer. Too dry? Add a splash of water.
- To make a rich side dish, make your fonio pilaf-style by using broth or stock in place of water.
- Craving something sweet? Do a quick butter and brown sugar version like you would with corn grits!
Bourbon Smoked Chili & Coffee Rub
This bourbon smoked rub is the answer to your grilling prayers! It's got just the right amount of heat and bitterness to accent the natural flavors of your food without overpowering it. Use it liberally on umami-rich proteins or vegetables like steak, Impossible meat, or portobello mushrooms.
Bourbon Smoked Chili & Coffee Rub Tips
- This rub makes the most epic burger, whether you're using beef, Impossible, or black beans. Just add 1/2 tsp per 4oz and mix in before you patty your bugers.
- Make epic roasted brussels sprouts by tossing a few pinches of chili & coffee rub, sea salt, and halved brussels sprouts with vegetable oil. Roast at 400°F until the outer leaves are dark and crispy.
- As the name suggests, it's an epic seasoning for chili—texas style or vegetarian!
Dark Cocoa Infused Cane Sugar
What's better than chocolate? Chocolate sugar! Dark cocoa infused with organic cane sugar explodes with dark sweetness making it delicious on many options…or on its own. This rich, large crystal sugar is perfect for garnishes but can be used anywhere would use regular cane sugar!
Dark Cocoa Infused Sugar Tips
- Garnish the heck out of your baked goods! Chocolate chip banana bread? Yes. Brownies? Yes. Muffins? Yes. Use a light egg or aquafaba wash towards the end of baking, then sprinkle this sugar on for an aesthetic and textural boost.
Smoked Desert Sea Salt
Two smoked ingredients in one box?! We couldn't resist this time around, because this sea salt is really special—and the grinder is refillable, so the packaging is eco friendly! This salt is procured from the Kalahari desert in Africa, then smoked with french oak. It has a unique flavor profile that will make your dishes stand out.
Smoked Desert Sea Salt Tips
- Unscrew the lid to use whole salt crystals for garnish, too! Combine them with a sprinkle of the dark cocoa cane sugar for a salty and sweet treat on top of baked goods.
- It's amazing on anything breakfast: fried eggs, hash browns, roasted potatoes, even pancakes if you're adventurous!
- Replace 1/4 of the salt in any recipe with this smoky version to give your dishes or baked goods a more complex flavor.
Kandy spice is a sweeter spice blend, but it's named after a city in Sri Lanka as a nod to the Sri Lankan cinnamon in its recipe. Even though it has a lot of winter spice vibes in the flavor profile, it finds its place in both sweet and savory dishes.
Kandy Spice Tips
- Kandy Spice is the perfect answer to "what is this missing" when you're looking to build layers of flavor in something like a curry or chili.
- Use in place of regular cinnamon when making baked goods for a shockingly complex flavor you will fall in love with.
- Add a pinch to protein rubs for a unique twist on your main course (we especially like it alongside BBF's chili & coffee rub—shocker!)
Creamy and silky-smooth, Soom sesame butter is made from 100% roasted and pressed premium sesame seeds. The mild nutty flavor makes this nutritious pantry staple perfect for both savory and sweet recipes.
- Tahini is the perfect base for sauces and salad dressings. It's a wonderfully thick binder for ingredients, so you don't have to struggle with an emulsion. Just pop it in the blender with whatever herbs, spices, or other flavors you're feeling.
- This top shelf tahini adds tons of creaminess to middle eastern spread recipes like hummus and baba ganoush.
- Sesame pesto? Yes please! Use up your garden basil with a little bit of garlic, parmesan, and olive oil to make a unique and absolutely delicious pasta sauce.
All Culinarie Kit packaging is 100% recycled or reused from our vendors' shipments! Please continue the trend and reuse or recycle your Culinarie Kit box!
Want to order your own Terra Cooking Gift Box? Find it here!